Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patty's Day Celebration

Nothing too exciting happened the rest of this past week. I got to try some octopus in soup and they brought it out as a whole octopus upside down in the soup. The lady picked it up with some tongs and with some scissors she proceeded to cut it up. Another girl and I about had a fit…was not ready to see something like that!! I did try a piece and it was chewy and gritty, not something I would order on my own.

Friday we had another English teacher join our school. He is 32 from Canada and has been here for 6 years. Thanks to him I learned about a program called VUZE that allows me to download shows from the states, movies, and music. I finally got to catch up on Grey’s Anatomy, AMAZING!!!

Saturday was the St. Patty’s Day celebration in Busan at O’Brien’s Irish Pub. I had a blast!! It was definitely a hole-in-the-wall bar that you would expect an Irish Pub in a big city to be like…I think. It was a lot like McCarthy’s back home but smaller. The bar was completely overrun by foreigners. Two of the EPIK teachers performed together on guitar. I talked my co-teacher into coming because she has said that she wanted to meet more foreigners. She had a blast and was so funny there!!! I would have to say I have the best co-teacher ever!!! I can’t wait for her to take me out with her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment