Sunday, March 8, 2009

Small World After-all

3/4/09

Sunday we both slept in. We went in search for some breakfast food but got really frustrated because all there was was Korean food. We found a coffee shop and a bakery but they don’t open till later. Once again we ended up at GS-25 for some food. After brunch we took a walk to my school to see how long it will take, 20 minutes. It was a beautiful day so we continued the walk down on the river walk. There were parks all over the place and not just for kids but ones with outdoor workout equipment. We worked up an appetite during our walk to set out once again for some food. We walked in said chicken, she said something back, we nodded, she laughed, and took up the menus. She brought us some chicken soup with a chicken in it. Probably the best meal I had had in a while. Monday was a super boring but interesting. I got to meet all the teachers at the school and get introduced to the kids. There aren’t that many kids for that large of a school. It’s brand new and they are hoping that since they built the city that people will come…sound familiar? I had lunch with the teachers at a traditional Korean restaurant. They brought out a fish cut from lips to tail down the gut and the pan-fried. Once again, scales, fins, and eyes included. Fried chicken was a lifesaver for dinner. Tuesday it was cold and raining but luckily I caught a ride with one of the teachers to work, otherwise I would have had to walk. We made our first unassisted trip to the city to go shopping and for me to get my passport pictures for my Alien Registration card. Today we headed to Busan for our Alien Registration Cards and tax exemption. 6 EPIK people were there while we were there including a guy from Louisburg, KS that knows Malarie White (my soon to be cousin-in-law). Crazy day… First ride ever on a subway.

1 comment: