Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dinner?

Monday was my first day of teaching. The first class for all level I am introducing myself with a power point that is pretty much all pictures. The first four classes have enjoyed it I think. In my last class today I had a kid point out that my nose stuck out far, but compared to what kids have said about other English teachers (asking a girl if she was pregnant in front of the whole class, pointing and laughing at a guys crotch telling him is fly was down) I don’t think that is that bad. Classes have gone well, they are short and a little sweet I guess. All we have done so far is make English Zone Passports and we used my computer to take the pictures so they are all warped, it’s pretty funny. The last two nights I have made dinner for myself. After the first night I decided I needed some veggies and some sort of spice or flavoring. I made rice noodles with dumplings and a red chili sauce with sautéed veggies. It wasn’t too bad for a newbie cooker that can’t read what her ingredients are!!!!

So I have yet to mention it but it never ceases to amaze me. People in Korea obey no road signs, signals, or laws. They park in the sidewalk when there is nowhere to park (see the picture) and they pay no attention what-so-ever to red lights. They use them as a yield (sometimes) and just look and go. Buses as well. They dang near side swipe cars in the city. Luckily when I get my scooter it will be just for here and there isn’t much traffic. That’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment