Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pish Soup

2/28/09

We got up and ready to move to our new home. Once again craving western food since we were going to be in the middle of nowhere for the next year. McDonalds sounds good and it’s just down the road. Never mind it was destroyed a while back. GS-25 is a lifesaver. No breakfast, but sandwiches will do. I got to meet my other co-teacher today…she is younger and speaks English very well. It only took about 30 minutes by car to get to Jeonggwan. The view from the top of the pass was both amazing and discouraging. Where are the people? I got to see my apartment and love it. Pictures are soon to come! Before we headed back to Haeundea we had to stop by the school where I met the Vice Principle. We had to go back to Haeundea to get my stuff for my apartment. The school paid for everything. After unloading everything Charlie and I were on our own for dinner in a town where we are pretty much the only ones that speak English. There was this place that had a lot of people (6 or so) in it so we figured why not. We pointed nodded and that was our order. We ordered fish soup with a whole fish in it, scales, fins and bones. There were also like 8 side dishes that were all odd but okay. The entire meal there were these businessmen sitting at the table next to us drinking soju, lots of soju. This guy was speaking English and talking to us but spitting everywhere and was very drunk. No nightlife was found.

No comments:

Post a Comment