Thursday, June 18, 2009

Move _________, Get out the way!!!

Starting off...I was run over by an adjamma (middle age to old stay-at-home mom that cleans our cities, run us over, and push us around). She was toting around a little two wheel cart for groceries. There was plenty of room between me and other people around me but she decided to invade the space and run over the feet. She hit me with her shoulder and I kind of laughed to myself but before I was finished laughing her cart (not big or heavy) ran over both my feet (not toes, feet). Nothing was said, nothing was gestured, but I was laughing on the inside happy that it wasn't a heavier cart.

Yesterday, Charlie and I went in search of the closest beach to our place. We took a bus, got off in some town with a sign for the beach, and started walking. We were walking on a two lane road with little to no shoulder. The walk took about 20 minutes (just like the adjamma we asked said). Imnang or Imrang beach. We walked the beach and the first thing we saw was a dead dog mostly buried in the sand. We kept walking noticing that the beach wasn't too clean but the water looked better than we both expected. The rest of the walk was pretty uneventful other than the cockroach paradise in front of the cool looking Korean style bungalows. Down by the water on and around the rocks were tons of huge cockroaches, so many that I didn't even want to go look at the cool looking tide pool.

After leaving the beach I found a ceramics place. They give lessons (I think) and I got their number so that I can have my co-teacher call and ask how much...should be interesting. The bus we took home we caught in town and it dropped us off in our town (20 minute from getting on the bus to getting off the bus). Pretty close beach, not too nice but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment