Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last Leg of the trip for Orientation (2/19/09)

My plane ride from San Fran to Seoul was okay. It was pretty long and I only got up twice because I had two seats on either side of me and they were sleeping most of the ride. Also, I had a kid in front of me that spilt water on my feet, no big deal but a little uncomfortable. The kid behind me was spoiled rotten and was whining and crying and loud for a lot of the trip. He was also pretty active, meaning he kept kicking the back of my seat. All in all, like i said, the flight was okay and I would do the exact same flight again to get this opportunity. When we got to the airport we got our luggage and made our way to the EPIK check-in where we learned we had 2 hour bus ride to Dankook University in Cheonan. We got in around 10:30 pm local time. Registration was by first name and t-shirts were in "Korean Size", a large was almost too small. All my stuff made it up to my room that I get to share with Anushcka from South Africa. The floor was very warm on my bare-feet that had been in sandals for the last 30 hours or so. Did I mention it was snowing when I got here?!?! After I got settled in I headed back down stairs where I ran in to Charlie, bought a calling card with 240 minutes for 10,000 won (super cheap), and called my parents. It was almost midnight local time and I think almost 9 am on the 18th. I talked to both parents then went back up to room 509, took a shower, and passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment